Warren Haynes, Don Was & Jamey Johnson to Headline “The Last Waltz Tour”
Rock music fans it’s time to rejoice as the epic “The Last Waltz Tour” is returning for its 2022 edition. A tribute tour honoring the historic farewell 1976 Thanksgiving concert by The Band, the trek will hit across 13 US cities. The legendary rock ensemble The Band called it quits in 1999 but their legacy lives on through the highly acclaimed “The Last Waltz Tour”. The tour has enjoyed immense success previously and now the 2022 leg will feature another star-studded lineup. This year’s concerts will be helmed by the headliners Warren Haynes, Jamey Johnson, and Don Was. On most dates they will be supported by Anders Osborne, Bob Margolin, Kathleen Edwards, Dave Malone, Cyril Neville, John Medeski, Terrence Higgins, The Levee Horns, and Mark Mullins. The Last Waltz 2022 tour dates officially kickoff on November 3 and will end on November 20.
About The Last Waltz Tour
One of the most influential and popular rock bands of all time, The Band have permanently cemented their name in the industry. Credited for blending various musical styles into their compositions, The Band infused elements of rock, Americana, country, jazz, R&B, and even folk. Long before they disbanded in 1999, The Band announced a farewell concert in 1976 that took place on Thanksgiving at San Francisco’s Winterland Ballroom. A grand affair that it was, besides the original lineup, Rick Danko, Levon Helm, Garth Hudson, Richard Manuel, and Robbie Robertson, it also featured appearances by Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr, Ronnie Hawkins, and Neil Diamond, among others. Hailed as a culturally, aesthetically, and historically significant event, its legacy lives on even today in the form of the “The Last Waltz Tour”.
The Celebratory Tour Returns in Fall 2022
Starting on November 3, The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester will host two shows, second one taking place on the 4th. The ensemble will then cruise through the East Coast with performances in Philadelphia, Huntington Wallingford, Boston, Washington, and more. The Last Waltz Tour will also head south, hitting venues in Richmond and Atlanta before rocking the Pompano Beach Amphitheater in Florida on November 17. St. Augustine Amphitheatre will welcome the stars on November 18, before the tour wraps up on November 20, 2022 at the Mahaffey Theater in St. Petersburg.
The ensemble of musicians participating in the iconic tour are
- Warren Haynes
- Jamey Johnson
- Don Was
- Kathleen Edwards
- Anders Osborne
- Dave Malone
- John Medeski
- Cyril Neville
- Terence Higgins
- Bob Margolin
- Mark Mullins & The Levee Horns
The ongoing wonderful tradition has become one of the biggest music celebrations, bringing in diverse audiences to the arenas. The Last Waltz Tour tickets remain in huge demand as the trek sees a great response from rock music fans.
If you’re looking forward to attend the concert in your town with The Last Waltz Tour 2022 tickets then check out the songs you’ll be enjoying live.
- Up on Cripple Creek – The Band cover
- The Shape I’m In – The Band cover
- Stage Fright – The Band cover
- Georgia (On My Mind) – Hoagy Carmichael and His Orchestra cover
- Who Do You Love? – Bo Diddley cover
- Down South in New Orleans – Johnnie and Jack cover
- Ophelia – The Band cover
- It Makes No Difference
- Mystery Train – Little Junior’s Blue Flames cover
- This Wheel’s on Fire – The Band cover
- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down – The Band cover
- Rag Mama Rag – The Band cover
- Life Is a Carnival – The Band cover
- Helpless – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young cover
- King Harvest (Has Surely Come) – The Band cover
- Mannish Boy – Muddy Waters cover
- Farther Up the Road – Bobby “Blue” Bland cover
- Forever Young – Bob Dylan cover
- Caravan – Van Morrison cover
- The Weight – The Band cover
- I Shall Be Released – Bob Dylan cover
- Baby Don’t You Do It – Marvin Gaye cover
One of the biggest musical tours of 2022, The Last Waltz is also the highly anticipated one.