Super Bowl 50: Ten Interesting Facts
The biggest game of the year is upon us, as final preparations for Super Bowl 50 get underway. The finalists have been determined after a very competitive postseason, and now all there is left to do is to wait for the big day to arrive. Till then we have collected these ten interesting facts about Super Bowl 50 that will keep you entertained, and keep your mind sharp ahead of the big game.
|Event Name & Location||Date||Tickets|
|HOTELS: Super Bowl LVIII, Downtown Las Vegas, tickets for 02/09 TBA at Downtown Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV||Fri Feb 9 2024|
|Super Bowl LVIII, Allegiant Stadium, tickets for 02/11 15:30:00.000 at Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NV||Sun Feb 11 2024|
1. In Super Bowl 50, Peyton Manning and Cam Newton will set the record for the largest difference in age between the starting quarterbacks for each team. They are separated by thirteen years and forty eight days, beating the previous record of twelve years and two hundred and fifty days between Manning and Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks).
2. In the 2011 NFL draft, the number one pick was selected by the Carolina Panthers who chose QB Cam Newton, while the Denver Broncos used their second pick to select LB Von Miller. This will be the first time in the history of the Super Bowl that the first two picks of the same draft will be facing each other in the Big Game.
3. Peyton Manning is the only Quarterback in history to reach the Super Bowl multiple times with two different teams. He made it to the finals in 2006 and 2009 with the Indianapolis Colts, and in 2013 and 2015 with the Broncos.
4. Super Bowl 50 has been dubbed the ‘Golden Super Bowl’ for various reasons starting with its location, as California is widely referred to as the Golden State. Additionally the venue being used is the home stadium of the San Francisco 49ers, whose name is a reference to the California Gold Rush miners, while this is the 50th anniversary of the Super Bowl which is traditionally known as the ‘Golden Anniversary.’
5. Over the last few years, Super Bowl advertisements have gotten a life of their own it seems, which is why a thirty second advertising spot at the Super Bowl 50 is now averaging a record $5 million.
6. The city of San Francisco is getting prepared for the huge influx of people travelling to see the Big Game. To cater to this amazing demand, over three hundred food trucks and fifty food carts have been licensed by the city government for this event.
7. To make sure viewers at home can get a sense of the atmosphere in the stadium during the game, a state of the art new replay system has been installed. It uses an array of over thirty six cameras that completely surround the upper deck of the Levis Stadium, and provide audiences at home with a 360-degree view, so that they don’t miss any of the action.
8. Cam Newton has the chance to become the first quarterback in history to win the Heisman trophy, College National Championship, Most Valuable Player and the Super Bowl in his football career.
9. With demand for tickets rising each passing year, this year it is expected that Super Bowl tickets will cost at least three thousand and five hundred dollars per person.
The Super Bowl is about celebrating our love for football however there is more to it. It is also about giving back to the community which is why the Super Bowl 50 Host Committee has promised to donate over twenty five percent of their profits to various philanthropic causes in the San Francisco Bay Area.